Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a reputable and national-level scholarship program. This program is administered by the Indian Institute of Science and funded by the Department of Science and Technology, the government of India. The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) fellowship program encourages motivated and aspiring students to pursue research careers in basic science.
This prestigious program was launched in 1999 and conducted by The Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc), Bangalore. A management committee and a National Advisory Committee are set up to supervise all the KVPY program implementation.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) 2021 Exam
KVPY exam is usually considered a complicated exam. One needs to be very engaged and active to prepare for the exams. The key idea of the KVPY exams is to test students’ analytical abilities rather than providing them fact-based knowledge. Students must cover all the physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology topics of class 10, 12, and 1 year of B.Sc., B.Stat., B.Math., or Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.
Three streams of KVPY exams
SA: The students who are enrolled in Class 11th.
SX: The students who are enrolled in Class 12th.
SB: Science Students who are currently in the first year of graduation in notified subjects.
KVPY exams are conducted in November every year. If you are going to prepare for KVPY exams, you must have complete knowledge of the KVPY exams pattern given below :
KVPY 2021Exam Mode
KVPY program aptitude test is conducted via online mode on a single day in all the centers.
Duration: It is a 3 hours online test.
Type of questions and Marking scheme in SA/ SX /SB Paper
- KVPY exams include Multiple-choice type questions in the exam.
- It is compulsory to answer all the questions in the SA paper.
- There are 80 questions including part 1 and part 2 in the SA paper.
- The question paper is available in both English and Hindi languages.
- SA paper is of 100 marks.
- In part 1 of SA stream for each correct answer 1 mark will be given and for each incorrect answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- In part 2 of SA stream for each correct answer 2 marks will be awarded and 0.5 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Marking scheme of SX/SB paper
- SX/SB Paper is of 160 marks.
- In part 1 there are 80 questions and part 2 comprises 40 questions.
- Students can attempt only 80 questions in total.
- In part 1 of SB/SX Stream, for each correct answer, 1 mark will be given and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- In part 2 of SB/SX Stream, 2 marks will be rewarded and 0.5 marks will be reduced for incorrect answers.
KVPY 2021 Syllabus
KVPY fellowship program has no specified syllabus, it is similar to the syllabus from class 10/ 12 and 1st year of B.S./ B.Sc./B.Math./B.Stat./M.S./Int. M.Sc.
KVPY has 3 different streams namely SA, SX, and SB that include questions from Mathematics, chemistry, biology, and physics. Not having different syllabi makes KVPY a unique program.
The motto of this fellowship program is to help students to understand their academic and observing skills and create a place for young scientists where they can contribute to the scientific field for better development.
KVPY 2021 Eligibility
To apply for the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) students must have some eligibilities as given below:-
- Students living in India.
- Stream SA: Students of class 11 with a minimum 75 % ( 65% for SC/ST/PWD) in Maths and Science subjects in class 10 board examination.
- Stream SX: Students of class 12 with minimum 75% ( 65% for SC/ST/PWD) in Maths and science subjects in class 10 board examination.
- Stream SB: Students studying in 1st year of graduation in Basic Science( BSc/BS/ BStat/BMath) or Integrated MSc/MS course who have scored a minimum 60% ( 50% for (SC/ST/PWD) in Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology in Class 12 board examination.
KVPY 2021 Important Dates
|Start date||12 July 2021|
|Last Date to Submit||25 August 2021|
|Exam Date||7th November 2021|
KVPY 2021 Registration
Students can register for the KVPY fellowship program on its official website.
To register for the exam there are some steps to be followed:-
1. Click on the ‘Apply Button’.
2. A general instruction page will be opened. After reading all the guidelines carefully proceed with the login process.
3. Click on the ‘registration button, and provide all the personal details required for the registration form.
4. Do agree to the terms and conditions.
5. Your username and password details will be sent to your e-mail id.
6. After login into the e-mail id fill the form with academic details, a scanned copy of the photo, and signature.
7. Pay the registration fee online.
KVPY scholarship is provided for the students who have qualified for the KVPY exams.
Students who qualified for the KVPY program are called KVPY Fellows. They receive a fellowship from the first year onwards of their graduation. This fellowship is applied to the students of the science field only.
KVPY Scholarship Amount
All the KVPY fellows get Rs. 5000 monthly scholarship during 1st to 3rd year of B. Sc/ B. Stat/ B.S./ B. Maths/ Integrated M. S/ M. Sc and an annual contingency grant of Rs. 20,000.
After 3 years, the fellowship amount increases to Rs. 7,000 per month during M. Sc/4th and 5th year of Integrated M. S/M. Sc and an annual contingency grant of Rs. 28,000.
1.How is the KVPY exam conducted?
KVPY exams are conducted in two steps.
2. What is the language medium of KVPY?
The language medium of KVPY is Hindi and English.
3.Are calculators and any other gadgets allowed in the exam hall?
No electrical devices and calculators are allowed in the exam hall.
4.Is Biology compulsory for KVPY?
Absolutely, in KVPY exams biology is compulsory.
5.Can State board students participate in KVPY 2021?
Yes, all the state board students can participate in KVPY 2021.
UNS EduTech is a startup from the IIT Madras campus focusing on concept building by applying principles of active learning. UNS EduTech is offering live interactive sessions for the student from class 9th to 12th grade, JEE, NEET, etc